I'm NOT Having Anymore Kids: Stop Asking!

For the love of God Please Stop asking me when we are going to try for a little Girl, or when we are going to have more kids. You all sound like broken records, and this Mama is at her wits end. Frankly, it's none of your damn business, but enough I'm Done!

 When I got pregnant with my Second Born, I said from the beginning "this was the last one". If any of you have read my previous blog post you would know that I didn't want kids to begin with. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys' and I would do anything for them, I wouldn't change a thing. But When I said I was done I meant it. My husband is always joking around about baby number 3 and I always respond with "well it won't be with me".  

I recently had a very serious conversation with my husband on the topic. Financially, I am sure we would find a way to make it work. So looking at a stand point of finances, that wasn't the issue.

 I don't think my body could physically handle another pregnancy. I had many ailments during my last pregnancy. I also am now missing a few teeth thanks to my darling children, who literally sucked the life out of me. Call it selfish, but I'm pretty positive I know my body best, and it didn't completely recover from the last two, (yes I know our bodies obviously change, I'm not the least bit concerned with the physical appearance, so much as I am the internal issues). 

Mentally, I know I could not handle it. I cannot divide myself anymore. I'm at my limit. What many of you do not know is that my Oldest has Anxiety, ADHD combined type, and High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder. I will not go into detail as that will be for another post, but sometimes he's like having 2 kids just on his own. Throw his darling brother into the mix and I'm spent. What people don't see is what goes on behind closed doors. We have good days and bad days, but those bad days are taxing. 

Which brings me to my next point. It wouldn't fair to bring another baby into the mix and here's why. My oldest, though very self sufficient in some aspects requires a lot of one to one, and a lot of attention. So it wouldn't be fair to the baby or my oldest. It also wouldn't be fair to take any more attention away from my youngest, who sometimes has to take a back seat when we have a full on meltdown. I already feel guilty enough, no more mom guilt is needed.

I told my husband that he needed to go get fixed (a vasectomy), he looked at me and sarcastically replied with "well why don't you go get fixed" I knew he was joking but I lost my cool and yelled so loud I'm sure the neighbours heard me "I PUSHED TWO, TWO KIDS' OUT OF MY VAGINA, YOU CAN GO GET SNIPPED!". He agreed, and will start the process and go see his doctor to get the referral. (Did you know there is a wait list for this procedure?).

In passing when talking with some other Mom's I mentioned to my delight that this was the plan of action. Most did the happy dance along with me, others I'm sure were bummed that I wouldn't be bringing more spawn onto this Earth, others like me were happy about it (if you met me or knew me you would be too). I was also met with surprise and shock and disgust. I was told I was taking my husbands "rights away". Excuse me, say what now? So it's come to the point that if one more person asks these questions, or tells me I'm taking something away from my husband, they can go hoop their forehead, because I'm D.O.N.E., Done! 

A Very Exhausted ~ Mommy Dearest


Comments

  1. I think it’s great that you are doing what will be the best for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. People need to butt out. If you're done, you're done! Whatever works for you and your fam. Some people think they need to say something, I think, for the sake of saying something. Let it go. *cue Elsa *

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Even though I don't have any children yet, I can relate in the way of people always asking WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE A KID!? I feel like at the age of 25 I am still a kid myself sometimes lol I think whatever works for you is best and it really shouldnt matter to anyone else how you choose to live your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! Agreed. If and when you are ready for it you know. I know back in the day it was like if you aren't married and have kids by 25 you're a spinster but times have changed, and it's no one's business but your own.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment and Let us know what you think.